Head of Process Development (all genders)
Would you like to be responsible for the development of biotechnological production processes and lead a corresponding team? Do you thrive in cross-disciplinary environments and collaboration with colleagues from different divisions? Do you enjoy to accompany tech transfer and scale-up projects? Then join our team and help us to bring new innovative biotech products to market.
c-LEcta is a fast growing, young biotech company based in the vibrating city of Leipzig. Our key markets are biopharma and food for which we supply customized enzymes.
To contribute to c-LEcta’s growth we are seeking a committed, open-minded and communicative candidate with background in Life Sciences / Biotech to lead our Process Development Team.
- Leading and developing the process development team und the individual team members
- Development of the technological comptences of the company in the field of the fermentative production of recombinant proteins and their purifications for regulated markets (food & pharma)
- Steering of external collaborations in technology development
- Close collaboration with adjacent company divisions (product development, tech transfer, quality assurance, production…)
- Design and arrangement of internal processes and responsibilities in process development
- Supporting the design of processes in tech transfer & scale-up
- Planning of hirings and investments; recruitment of new employees
- Supporting the development and execution of the company strategy
- Technical background in bioprocess engineering / biotechnology (degree or equivalent), with knowledge of microbial fermentation and protein purification / DSP
- Knowledge and practical experience with the development and scale-up of biotechnological production processes. Additional experience in quality management would be an asset.
- Several years of leadership responsibility experience
- Very good communicator, able to listen to and interface with colleagues from different areas to effectively accomplish work
- Very good German and English is required (written/spoken)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail combined with a solution-oriented mindset
We give you the time to grow into this role and you will get support from our
dedicated and motivated colleagues.