Research & Development
The R&D team leverages its deep expertise and extensive experience together with c-LEcta's unique technology platform ENESYZ to identify, optimize and manufacture efficient enzymes for new innovative products.
- Development of new enzymes with superior properties (activity, stability, selectivity) using biodiversity and bioinformatics guided directed evolution
- Screening of enzyme libraries towards different parameters under process-like conditions
Strain & Process Development
- Development and optimization of microbial strains and enzyme production processes
- Development and optimization of expression platforms
- Assay development
- Process development: Scaling of bioprocesses from the laboratory environment to industrial-scale production
- Identification of enzymatic activities for the development of new enzymes optimally adapted to the process
- Construction of genomic and metagenomic expression libraries
- Sequencing of genomes and metagenomes using NSG technologies
- Activity-based screenings of expression libraries
- Sequence-based screenings of expression libraries, sequenced genomes and metagenomes and databases (in vitro and in silico)
- Statistical analysis, evaluation and management of laboratory and sequence data
- Structure and sequence analysis of enzymes
- Custom-built tools for supporting the planning and execution of experiments
- Analysis of all available information about an enzyme to predict improved variants (MDM platform)
- Machine learning for drawing links between the sequence and function of enzymes
Interested in working in R&D?
Start your career at c-LEcta!